Monday, March 31, 2008

Keswick

We have arrived in Keswick via a terrible bus ride from Edinburgh but the Lake District is beautiful...rolling hillsides, sheep, and cobble stone pathways, so my spirit is holding onto hope.
Unfortunately, both Bis and I are sick and it has gone from bad to worse (a nasty sinus infection that has evolved into an ear infection....) Today we made the treck into town from our hostel in attempt to find a doctor. It was quite a pitiful sight to see us tromping through the mud in search of drugs but we finally made our way to town, found the "surgery" and spoke to a nurse. Fortunately beacuse my mommy has taught me to remember the medicines my body loves we were able to skip a very expensive consulatation with a doctor and basically tell her what we wanted. I'm off now to see the chemist, to finish Romeo & Juliet and then to bed. Oh sweet sleep!Hoping the morrow will bring healing. Farewell and love to you all.

1 comment:

jas said...

oh Olivia...
We miss you. Interactions are not quite the same without you, especially at the penthouse. Everyone is fine but everyone feels your absence. I hope the rest of your week in Keswick is healing for you and Bis. Love to you.