Thursday, October 30, 2008

falling

Hope is almost beyond my grasp these days. The death of a beloved mentor has hit me unexpectedly hard. Grief seems to find me in every crack and crevice. Just today more news: my pastor's father died moments before she could make it to his bedside.
There are rivers of tears falling down on us all.
Yet, when I was reading the book of Common Prayer the other day, it said that the liturgy for the dead is an Easter liturgy.
This thought has kept me thinking all week. The liturgy for the dead is a celebration! How can we be expected to celebrate in moments of our deepest grief?

I am not sure how- but I believe that it everything to do with resurrection. The liturgy for the dead is characterized by joy in the certainty that because Jesus was raised from the dead, we, too, shall be raised.
New life comes from death-
always.

1 comment:

Christina Nicole Stockhouse said...

dear lovely,

. . . may we experience life to the fullest. The highest highs and the lowest lows.

thinking of you today,
love always and forever . . . ti