Tuesday, July 22, 2008

oh the ordeal o' the automobile

-drive 3 days (17ish hours) from Monterey, CA to Seattle, WA
-go to the office of drivers licensing
-be turned away after 2 hours of waiting & informed that i am committing voter fraud and must change my voter registration address.
-change my voter registration mailing address...and wait some more.
-go back to office of driver's licensing. process paper work. give them money. go away happy and with a temporary WA license.
-receive my real WA license in the mail- be acutely aware that the pea-green turtleneck I am wearing in the photo will haunt me for many years to come.
-give away more money to have an emission's test done
-collect every important document on the face of the planet- passport, driver's license, proof of registration, title, emissions test report, bill of sale, registration paperwork...is that all?
-take off work (because office is only open M-F 8:30-4:30 pm) give them more money & register vehicle in the blessed state of Washington.
FINALLY.
ps...my driver side window broke...was informed that it will cost me aprox $400-
so i will wait and then give them a lot more money-a whole paycheck in fact...ouch.

No comments: